The comprehensive protection functions, many communication protocols and numerous auxiliary functions make the VAMP 255 perfect for utility and industrial power distribution.
The VAMP protection relays can be used for selective short-circuit feeder protection of radial or meshed feeders. Furthermore, the voltage relays enable protection functions like voltage and frequency protection.
All VAMP protection relays measuring currents can accommodate an arc sensor connection module which enable this relay working either as an independent arc protection relay or part of VAMP arc protection system.
The VAMP 100 series product range consist of VAMP 130, VAMP 135 and VAMP 140 relays.
- VAMP 130 is a basic overcurrent and earth fault protection relay for applications where communication to the higher level control system is not needed and a cost effective package is required.
- Over-, under-, residual voltage and frequency relay VAMP 135 an ideal protection relay for power plants and substations as well as for industry, marine and off-shore applications.
- The VAMP 140 relay is used for overcurrent and earthfault feeder protection. The relay can also be used in other applications where a single-, two- or three-phase protection relay is needed.
The VAMP 200 series product range incorporate VAMP 230, VAMP 245 and VAMP 255 protection relays.
These relays include all the essential protection functions needed to protect feeders in distribution networks of utilities, industry, power plants and offshore applications. Further, the relays includes several programmable functions, such as arc (option), thermal, trip circuit supervision and circuit breaker protection and communication protocols for various protection and communication situations.
- VAMP 230 feeder terminals incorporate current and voltage inputs hence this relay can be used for overcurent, directional overcurrent, earth fault, directional earth fault, over and under voltage, residual voltage and frequency protection. Comprehensive measurement function including the power quality monitoring is a standard feature in this relay as well as five shot autoreclosing and disturbance recording. This relay has six binary digital inputs.
- VAMP 245 feeder terminal has phase current, neutral current and residual voltage measurements making this device suitable for protection the cable or overhead feeders where directional earth fault protection and autoreclosing is needed.
- VAMP 255 feeder terminal measure system currents and voltages hence this relay is suitable for any feeder protection application needed in MV networks. In addition to this the relay has motor and capacitor bank protection features. The VAMP 255 feeder terminal has overcurent, directional overcurrent, earth fault, directional earth fault, over and under voltage, residual voltage and frequency protection. Comprehensive measurement function including the power quality monitoring is a standard feature as well as five shot autoreclosing and disturbance recording. This relay has 18 digital inputs. Optionally two more digital inputs are available. VAMP 255 is used also to display status of six objects four of those can be controlled locally or remotely.